Friday, September 23, 2011

Blogger Burnout

It happened, I've got blogger burnout. Not writers block, but burnout. I was just tired of writing, and it made me ask myself, am I really enjoying this? I enjoy giving advice to other tops almost as much as I like topping myself. (Well, maybe not quite that much.) But it started to feel like the effort I was putting into this wasn't helping women as much as it was getting men off.

The big thing I had noticed was the number of comments and emails I received from males. When I first started, a much higher percentage of my readers were female. I've always insisted there are far more submissive males than dominant females, so this is inevitable. However, most of my earliest comments were from women, but later comments have mostly been by men. I'm guessing as people started following the blog, and as I posted more and more topics, it became more intimidating to women looking for a kink or fetish related guide.

I still receive an email from a woman every now and then, so at least I know a couple fellow ladies are reading my blog. I've decided to take a month or so off, and give it another shot, but I'm going to back off on the frequency a bit. I'll be aiming for once a month, at least to start. And, of course, I still plan to write my posts primarily directed at the female top. If I eventually run out of topics I may revisit specific portions of other posts in more detail, or may even try to answer questions readers might have. We'll see when (if?) we get there.

9 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog. I LOVE it. Its very down to earth, upfront, honest and very funny at times. I very much enjoy reading it. As a woman just starting out in a Domanant role involving chastity, it is very informative and do hope you chose to continue. Most blogs I have come across as far havent hit "the right spot" for me in getting my creativity going in the right direction. Yours has. Thank you for being open honest and for ALL the women out there that I am sure read and follow your blogs...thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    I also just came across your blog,
    and I really appreciate the depth of your descriptions
    of various femdom practices
    as well as the honesty and safety tips you provide
    in you blog.
    Thanks for the crash course,
    and the fun ideas for future play,

    CanadianKinkgrrl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Thanks for a great blog. As a sweet, submissive pansexual peggee exploring the kink community, it's great to get a Dommes perspective on anal play. I know what I get out of pegging, but I want my Top, Mistress, Pegger to enjoy the experience as well. It's just a shame that more women aren't wired that way!
    While I am perfectly happy to be a good pet and own my sluttiness for Mistress, humiliation holds no real appeal for me as I experienced enough of it in my upbringing & education.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your page is one of the pages I use to teach my woman how to Dom
    There's too lil material on net
    You are a saver , cause at the end no matter how I tried to teach her, it won't be like words from another Dom woman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for all of your efforts. I really love the content you have posted and sincerely hope that oneday you will start up again. Your insights have helped me greatly with my sub but I understand how hard and tiring it must have been to generate you content. Best wishes to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's really sad. I found this blog, and I've really enjoyed reading it, because it's giving me ideas on how to be a better dom to my sub, and little tips that would be nice/fun to try with him. I'm enjoying what I'm reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just came across your blog today and am loving all the advice and suggestions. A lot of these tips will so come in handy because he is still loving the same old thing and im the one getting bored. Told him I wanted to try some new stuff. I think he will enjoy a lot of this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey there,

    I've been using your blog as inspiration/guidance for a few years, and only now I've come across this part.
    I've worked as a Domme for a few years, and my partner is also a sub/switch with whom I have a lot of fun and work too at times (him as a bull), thanks to this blog partly.

    I hope you return to sharing your super inspiring content, and thanks again for taking the time to put it all in words for all of us to benefit from it.

    ReplyDelete